Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Waiting...


There is really nothing worse than waiting. I know everyone says that patience is a virtue, but when it comes to your dream job I think that's just puff. Because in all reality when someone tells you they'll let you know in two weeks...it seems like eternity. 

But in the end, that's the way it goes. So now I am waiting...

Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow...
...just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
... just waiting.*

Tapping my toes, biting my finger nails, tapping my toes, biting my finger nails. 
 
*Quote from the oh so perfect Dr. Seuss and photo from only chair designer I'd be happy to wait in- Herman Miller.

2 comments:

  1. Waiting is hard, but it's nice to know that the news will good when you get it, and I'm sure it will be.

    Dox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am waiting with you. Is there another blue chair? xoxo

    ReplyDelete