Thursday, April 1, 2010

The beginning

April 1...what better day to begin a blogging adventure! However, I don't want to jinx myself with the obvious April Fools Day connotation. I'd like to think that I'm not "fooling" myself into thinking this is something I can do. I mean really, let's be honest- I am the queen of starting things and not always following through.

Past endeavors have included: swimming, singing, playing the guitar, competitive sailing (granted to continue this one must need a boat), speaking Spanish, planting a vegetable garden, silent meditation...needless to say the list goes on.

Current endeavors(not yet given up on) include: playing the fiddle, yoga, running, painting, teaching, reading (one book a month), and now blogging! Let's review this list again in 6 months and see where I am. If any of you know me well, I bet you know how this will turn out.

But seriously...this little platform of talking to no one (yet everyone) could work out quite well.

I'd love to take credit for the name of this venture but I have to give it all to my dearest friend B. She found this after talking with me about how I wanted to talk about Faces...how they change, evolve, show expression, show age...show movement in one's life. Leave is to Shakespeare to put it in words so perfectly;

SONNET 20

A woman's face with Nature's own hand painted
Hast thou, the master-mistress of my passion;
A woman's gentle heart, but not acquainted
With shifting change, as is false women's fashion;
An eye more bright than theirs, less false in rolling,
Gilding the object whereupon it gazeth;
A man in hue, all 'hues' in his controlling,
Much steals men's eyes and women's souls amazeth.
And for a woman wert thou first created;
Till Nature, as she wrought thee, fell a-doting,
And by addition me of thee defeated,
By adding one thing to my purpose nothing.
But since she prick'd thee out for women's pleasure,
Mine be thy love and thy love's use their treasure.

SO Happy Birthday Blog! Eat as much cake as you like.

xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment