Monday, November 22, 2010

Fantasying frigid...

There is something about this time of year that makes me ache for snow. The smell of it, the taste of it, and the desire to put on every wool sweater on I own, wrap myself in a blanket, and drink hot earl gray tea. The anticipation of winter is upon me. I'm ready for it. Bring it on.

Oh wait, it was a high of 74 in Nashville today. Hmmm...not exactly what I was aiming for.

I know, "cry me a river" you're saying. Having to deal with lovely weather in the middle of November is not awful at all. The heat bill is low and taking the dog outside to pee at 8pm is pretty lovely. But still, if it was snowing I would make these pear and ginger scones, wrap myself in this sweater, and drink any of these cups by a hot fire. And even though I have a long winter a head of me with a lot of cold nights, shivering mornings, and break the bank heat bills... I kinda want to transport myself back to Oregon right now. Where a 40% chance of  snow is forecasted all day tomorrow.

Soon I'll be reporting from Southern California for a very non-snowy Thanksgiving vacation. Where are you during this thankful time of the year? Oh and guess what? I am thankful for YOU.

1 comment:

  1. I'm finally home, after a month on the road. Talk about being thankful! I'm thankful for the chance to reconnect with my boys (human and animal), and for the opportunity to totally trash my kitchen in the name of Thanksgiving!

    Thankful also to reconnect with you on Teh Interwebs, lovely. Best wishes to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete