Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Friday! It's Spring!

FARMERS MARKET EGGPLANT POSTER PRINT HAND PRINTED LETTERPRESS NEW FOR 2010


The beautiful spring weather has gotten me thinking abut all the things I love doing in warmer weather. Yes I know, I'm a little schizophrenic about my weather cravings. One night I'm wearing my pj's inside out and doing the snow dance while the next I'm dreaming daffodils and sandals. It's ever changing and although I often want what I what I don't have this weekend the temps will be in the high 50's and low 60's, exactly what I'm craving! Perfect weather to bask in spring bounty.

Cooking and food have a tendency to dictate my seasonal cravings too.  Root vegetables and roasted chicken in the winter, steamed asparagus and fresh salmon in the spring. So this weekend I plan on visiting one if not more local farmers markets and beefing up on my local produce selection. Got any great spring recipes you want to share? I'd love to test them out. I've got a long weekend with George's birthday on Monday (hooray for school holidays), so a lot can happen in my little kitchen!

As one of my fav bloggers says, "you are what you eat"... and so is your season!

1 comment:

  1. 70 degrees today!! Tempting to think that Spring is here but it ain't, at least not in Pittsburgh. We're having smoked salmon on home-made blinis tonight before going to the ballet. La-de-da.

    Dox

    ReplyDelete