Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bran Sunday Muffins

Stud Muffin on Brown Tshirt

When boyfriends go away for a week, a lot can happen. Dinners that are normally well thought out and planned turn into frozen pizza and veggie burgers, Glee suddenly becomes your most watched show on hulu.com, and afternoon walks with the dog are longer and often quite faster. I'm not saying I hated the solitude. Having lived alone all last year there was something really beautiful about sleeping diagonally across the bed each night and blasting the radio alarm when my time goes off (15 min before his). But still, when I picked him up from the airport on Sunday- damn was I glad to see him.

Spring was here in Nashville... and now we are promptly back to winter. Temperatures in the low 40's and  have made this a house-bound-welcome-home-weekend. We did manage to take the pup to the dog park and meander through the farmers market... walking back into the house with frozen toes and fingers because we were dressed as if we were living 3 days earlier.

So, now Sunday afternoon has turned to evening. I'm still cold, the dog is chewing a bone, and the idea of leaving our heated little home sound dreadful. Then I realized- Muffins! Why didn't I think of that before???? No better way to welcome a loved one home then freshly baked goods. And this recipe has been growing mold I haven't used it for so long. My friend A gave it to me...at the top she wrote Bran Muffins (Revised). I do not know where they are revised from, but in my humble opinion, they are perfect. The stud muffin of a boyfriend thinks so too.

Bran Muffins (Revised)
In One bowl, place...
3 cups All Bran cereal
1 cup golden raisins
1/2 vegetable oil 
3/4 honey ( if you measure honey in same cup after oil the honey slips out beautifully)
1 cup boiling water
Stir and let cool

In a large measuring cup, place...
2 cups buttermilk, beaten with
2 eggs

In a large mixing bowl, measure dry ingrediants
2 1/2 cups flour (if you can use half whole wheat, half white)
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Add All Bran mix alternating with buttermilk to dry ingredients,
stirring until just blended.
You may cover this mixture and refrigerate it up to three weeks. 

Fill muffin cups (spray with Pam) and bake at 425 degrees, 20-23 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and cool on rack or serve hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment