Friday, March 25, 2011

A Friday poem

4- TTV ocean prints-  5 x 5 photographs. Dark and twisty and awesome.

Lark & Merlin
I.

By Tom Pickard

a wren,
perched on a hawthorn
low enough to skip the scalping winds,
sang a scalpel song

seafrets drift
sheer along shorelines

listening to hail spray glass
and wine
and a waitress laugh
in a cafe without customers
I fell to fell thinking





I've been thinking a lot about the ocean this week. Then I read this poem during my morning coffee and it all seemed to fall into place. There have been a lot of oceans in my life over the years. But, this one mostly reminds me of a small town on the Oregon cost. A small diner perched onto of a bluff. Gray skies, strong wind. Good people, hot coffee.


I would love to teleport myself there this weekend...this poem and picture found here helps.


Happy weekend daydreaming!






1 comment: